The Zillertal - a dream come true for climbing and bouldering fans!
Whether outdoor in the many Zillertal climbing gardens or on the via ferrata climbs with all difficulty levels or indoor in the climbing hall in Aschau (3 km from our villa) with 485 m² of indoor & 151 m² of outdoor climbing opportunities as well as bouldering area.
Ca. 700 m from Villa Haidacher is the Talbach via ferrata right next to the Talbach waterfall. You can rent via ferrata climbing equipment right at the entrance. The easy entrance area is ideal for beginners and children. On the lower part, the training course, the difficulty slowly increases from A to D/E. After each increase, there is an emergency exit that leads to an adjacent path. The main part appeals to advanced via ferrata climbers. Highlights include 2 very long rope bridges.
Via ferrata info:
- Time-on-trail: 1 hr. - 1.5 hrs.
- Entrance: 5 min. walk from the Jausenstüberl Talbach
- Descent: after every exit point, follow the trail either right or left of the Talbach river down to the Jausenstüberl Talbach and the parking lot. All descents are signposted "Rundwanderweg Klettersteig Talbach".
- Elevation difference: 115 m
- Elevation at the start: 650 m
- Difficulty level: A - D/E
- Opening times: March - October
- Location: south-east slope
- Builder/responsible for maintenance: Zell-Gerlos tourist association, Zillertal Arena
Many other via ferrata climbs are awaiting you in the Zillertal: Gerlossteinwand via ferrata on our local mountain, Riederklamm climbing garden in Gerlos, Schlegeis dam wall via ferrata, 2 via ferrata climbs in Mayrhofen, climbing & high ropes garden in Kaltenbach, Ginzling climbing paradise